Monday, March 31, 2008

Work In Progress

The ignominy of being forgotten did me in I think.
To do prison time for three years is one thing. To do prison time for a crime you dint commit is another.
I was a nice guy. A decent guy.Intelligent. Not your IIT types. But willing to learn and work hard.We were doing good. Me and my wife that is. Our own flat, two BHK and fully furnished. I had a bike and we were going to buy a car.My wife was beautiful,graceful,smart and when she said yes, I couldnt believe my luck.Such things dint happen to guys like me every day, but when it did I promised to myself that I would make it work.That I would one day be worthy of her love. I loved her dearly.
I killed my wife. Or so they said.She went missing and her parents filed a complaint against me. Our neighbours whenquestioned told the police of how I did come drunk every night and how me and my wife used to fight, day in and day out.They told the police about how much of a fairy tale princess she was, which she was; and also how I dint deserve an angel like her. I very totally agreed with them, silently. And in two weeks, I was arrested.

7 comments:

  1. Came here while browsing for bloggers from Mysore.

    Does the story end here, any twist or turns in the offing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vishwas
    It doesnt end here. Its just started. Hvnt been able to make my mind abt whether its gonna be a short story or a novela types though. Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so u writing a psycho thriller novel :). good going..keep it coming.


    hey thanks for commenting :). I would like to attend the meet. I never attended any meet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If possible, do continue it. Would be much more clearer, unless you wish to write absurd stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is this some novel ur working on?

    ReplyDelete