Sunday, March 23, 2008

Notes From Home

I have finally realised that being amongst the people you love and home made food can make all your troubles go away. I cannot believe that it was only last Wednesday that I thought I had all the problems in the world - I was alone and friendless in a city where I knew nobody, I dint exactly love my work, I worried that nobody around me cared a damn as to whether I lived or died as long as I got my work done, I hadnt made my tax investments yet and was gonna get fewer peanuts than usual this monthend and generally just felt depressed. I needed something to make me believe in myself and my usual inspirational motivational talks to myself werent helping.That is until I got home on Thursday morning. Usual frantic calls between amma, appa and me over where to get down - I have been making these visits to Hyderabad close to 8 months but we still have to make these calls. :)
I havent done much in the last four days. Infact I havent even stepped out of home or met the few friends I do have in Hyderabad. All that I have done is to sit and laze around, something that I havent been able to do in quite sometime. Sometimes being with people who love you for what you are and accept you that way can do so much to your self confidence. It gives you the courage to go brave the world.

I hate the Dominoes guys. Amma simply had to have pizzas and the Pizza Corner and Pizza Hut guys wouldnt deliver to our home. I had to call up the Dominoes guys even though I hate their pizzas; kept getting one number after another - only to be told their server was down and they wouldnt be accepting anymore orders! Can you imagine? To be refused by, of all ppl Dominoes!!

This is a conversation me and my mom had about parents and kids.
Me : You know? You are an ideal parent!
Mom : Gee.. Thank you...
Me : You never accept that your kids are perfect.
Mom : Grrrrrr....

Me and Mommy kinda got lost in the Ramoji film city. We decide to ask a lady who has just stepped out of Filmy Duniya - a place in Ramoji where shows are held, for directions.
Me : Excuse me, which is the show going on inside?
Lady : Some cartoon show... I dont know
Me ( now that doesnt help) : Is it the one in which you get to ride a mini train....
Lady : I dont know... I just came from New York.
This was where mom and me started giggling.

I'll be leaving for Mumbai in like three hours. But think things will be better for a few days to come. And when I get grouchy, I know exactly what to do. :)

9 comments:

  1. "I know what exactly to do"...being what, old girl?

    (Knowing you, it'd be C...r... oops, no, you aren't gonna do that again, no???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! And thts just not fair Appu!! Three crib posts in like 10 months of s/w employment aint all that bad. And I meant going home..

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! And thts just not fair Appu!! Three crib posts in like 10 months of s/w employment aint all that bad. And I meant going home..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sriram

    Then why comment? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just to let you know that I have read :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Sriram

    Marked your attendance :p

    Btw, do blog some. Been a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. will you be interested in reading about Constitutional breakdown? ;-)

    thats the immediate topic in mind :P

    ReplyDelete