Thursday, September 30, 2010

Just back home after watching Endiran. A movie of too many firsts for me - the first Tamil/Indian movie I watched in Melbourne in a theatre being just one of the firsts. It was also the first Rajnikanth movie I saw in a theatre! Yea..Shame on me and my ten years in Chennai. For once, I don't really have anything to say in my defence. Except that I tried to do something about it and saw the First Day First Show of Endiran in Melbourne.

The plan was to do it on Saturday and we even had tickets for the Saturday show. But when you have people like me and R, the best laid plans fizzle out and plans are made on the go. We planned to watch Bose engira Bhaskaran movie on CD which we had just bought at the Indian store and we were making our way back to my apartment when
a chap asked us directions to the Greater Union. Neither of us knew that Endiran was all set to release today in Australia and when we knew, we had to make this trip to the theatre and try to get tickets for today. Thanks R for not saying Yes when I wanted to go home. We somehow managed to get tickets and decent seats and watched
the movie too. And got back home to FB. I didn't want to say much about the movie initially,tut then when have I ever gone with my first thought? And more ever,like my cousin says.. Who wants to go to a theatre to see an Old Man?
So rubbing it on your face it is - I saw Endiran before you! This might be the only joy to be had from seeing the movie.

About the movie - no Rajani punch lines;many many stunts;action sequences inspired from Matrix, Godzilla,Mummy Series.
Dialog- no good. Music doesn't really amaze you the first time around but not outright bad either.I thought the movie was going to be like Bicentinal Man, but that didn't happen either.The movie had like two/three high points. Aishwarya Rai didn't do much, please don't ask when did she ever.She is P and T, no Y :) Casting was okay though - I did expect some laughs from the two side kicks in the lab,but they didn't have much of a role either.
Ice as a doc student romancing a Dr. Rajni, who by the way has been working on a 'Tin-head' for ten years is way too much! Neither of them looks any young! The tin-head was not cute, atleast not the way Ice gushes over him until he crossed over to the other camp. After that he looked like one of those things from the DD serial called Chandrakantha - the one that goes about saying 'Yakkooooooo' every now and then.

Like one of the guys said on the way out - Idukku, veetla beer aduchu thalaya saachurkalaam. Illa Dabaang paathirkalaam. Pst Pst.. More laughs in that one I hear...Overall Okay.
Its one of those movies you definitely must watch - everybody's gonna be watching it and if you care to be in and contribute to the conversations that are going to follow, you know what to do!

Btb, we have two tickets for the Sat evening show. And we sure do not want to watch it again.. Any takers?
Err... Is this why you asked me to say something nice about the movie, R?

1 comment:

  1. Did you know...!
    In Endiran they used Motion capture technology for robot character... its amazing visual effects.. while seeing that robo character in Visual, " I Robot" flim crossing my mind... Great job done by Endiran Team....

    ReplyDelete