Friday, September 14, 2007

Why Cant.........

Its a Friday evening. Everybody around me is just so very euphoric. The weekend is about to dawn. And I am in tears.
Tomorrow is Vinayaka Chathurthi and is aholiday, notwithstanding the fact it is already a weekend. And I have to yet again cancel my plans to go home. 'Cos my dear PM has already made plans for my weekend!!
Thanks to him, I'll have to spend a Saturday at home, crying myself to sleep 'cos there's Puja at home and he cant work! And thanks to him I'll be working on a Sunday on a project that was supposed to go live this April. I am sure a weekend is in no way gonna matter! But then it does, to him atleast!!
I hate people who have supposedly seen the world, have more grey hairs than me and act in a stupidly childish manner!! My PM made my last week plans too. So I went and cancelled my tickets some two hours before departure, lost money in the process and took back my luggage home.And spent the next days at home, 'cos the server was down.
And this week, it is just the same!! He'll have his puja. I'll have my work!
And by the way, he has already left office for the day!!
Why did my parents have to do such a good job of bringing me up? Why cant I plain just tell him I cant work this way and it aint fair? Why cant I tell him its just not fair that he makes my weekend plans for me and doesnt even bother telling about them? Why cant he understand that while his family is very much in Bangalore, I live some 12 hours away from mine! Why cant he understand that I need two whole days off, during the weekend? And that I need two whole days to spend some measly thirty hours with them? Why cant the world be justly fair with me?

2 comments:

  1. Did u give it this thought... that your parents brought you up in such a nice way tht you dint behave like your PM... But they did give u enough training to go and screw that guy dry...

    Usually the problem freshers face... Take your stand... Dont come on the weekends... Raise the issue... U'll see others doing it... You do it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jee nahi! My parents really made a very good job of bringing me up! I dont drink, I dont swear. I am just the daughter any parent did be proud off!! ;)
    Well, have to ask you to stop treating me like this green fresher who cannot stand up for herself. I can do that!!
    The issue is not about working on weekends or not going home for months together. Its about few so called "seniors" who treat new joinees just like you. As if all that we were interested was in partying and shopping. That we had no career ambitions. That we werent serious about work.
    Believe me, we are much more serious about things than you are. If only you told us right at the beginning how much was to bo done and by when; we would have it all sorted out! We can prioritize! And we can balance our personal and professional lives!!

    ReplyDelete