Sunday, April 30, 2006

Nivi, the poetess

I had dreams,
colourfull dreams in my eyes,
washed down by the tears,
that I couldnt stop.

I saw colourfull bangles,
in the market fair,
I tried them on.
But they broke,
they werent made for me.

I cry,
and it is just not the kajal that flows.

I cry on,
And I dont stop myself.
I cry for myself.

A hole's in my heart,
that grows bigger
with each passing hour.

I aint ashamed
"But this is not fair".
Just not fair.
Not fair at all.

You may have killed a part of me,
But the rest is still there.

I am what I am,
And you cant change
the Who I am now
Not that I will let you.

You may break my bones,
not my spirit.
My dreams may have been washed away,
but others will take their place soon.

For you can do anything;
but never make me stop dreaming.
Dreams are my own,
My only treasure.

What if I dont have anything else?
As long as I have dreams in my eyes,
Hope in my heart
And the courage to walk the way I have picked;
I am.

3 comments:

  1. I read it so late!!!
    Wonderful dear.. I never knew your skills as a poet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.

    :)







    by the way, its colourfu'l'. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Retarded,

    Just saw your comment :). Yea, I know now. But seemingly I did'nt when I wrote this :). So when I blogged this, decided to keep it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete